Anyone who has played Street Fighter II knows what this title means. Since we reenacted this move all day, I had to name the post after it.
FINALLY getting up to date on my blog! Yay! Last night, it was fairly impossible to muster up the initiative to write, for reasons listed in my last entry. However, I got a lot of sleep, and woke up this morning feeling less stuffy and definitely more energized. My shoulder didn't even bother me much, and it only got better the more I moved around.
We learned our martial arts choreography when we arrived in class this morning, and filmed an hour after lunch. Did fine in this one, definitely an improvement from the last fight, but still could use work to make everything tighter and more fluid. We did have better energy and intention, though, so not a bad fight. There were three people fighting this time, as opposed to the usual two.
So, I'm VERY excited about tomorrow's fight, which we have choreographed ourselves. It's our "found objects" fight, where we use an apartment setting, and anything that could be at our disposal can be used as a weapon. Within reason, of course. We can't have real weapons, for one thing. And no flour, pizza, or other such messy items. We used the last few hours of class getting into groups and beginning to talk through our scene and possible blocking. There are four people in my group, including myself, and the other three are guys that are all bigger than me. Not necessarily hulking fellows, but we've planned out a fabulous melee in which we all take advantage of our different sizes. We'll have an hour tomorrow morning before we start filming, which should be more than enough time to rehearse. It's going to be a lot of fun, I can tell you that much!
Thank you, everyone, for your patience while I got this blog back on track. Daily updates will resume!
No comments:
Post a Comment