Monday, August 23, 2010

Day 20: Last day of class.... going out in style!

My neck felt much better on Saturday, largely thanks to Lyndsay Brown rubbing my back whenever she had a moment. As a result, I got to go twice on the air ram in the morning, and got to focus more on how I flew through the air as opposed to how much I didn't want to hurt myself. I did land wrong on the second go, which didn't feel all that great (yeah, chin plant!), but otherwise it was good.

That afternoon, just like on Friday, we migrated to the high falls. I was bound and determined to do at least one, since I hadn't been able to do them yet. Like with the air ram, I found myself able to do two, though they had to be spaced out so I could get my neck fixed in between falls. I didn't go very high up because I wanted to keep it as low-impact as I could, but it was still 19 feet. This time, I went into the air bag, which was much more forgiving than the crash pad we used in practice. Kyle has the video of my better fall (the second), and Johnathon got one of my first, which I have on my computer but I'm having issues uploading it at the moment. It wasn't too high up, but again, there's another workshop coming up in a few months that involves high falls. I should be completely healed by then....

That night, we had our final party at a restaurant called Amante. We had pizza, pasta, and salad for dinner, and (of course) some celebratory drinks. We then migrated to O'Houlie's, the bar we went to the night before our first day off, and spent the rest of the night singing karaoke and hanging out. Luckily, none of us are criers, so we didn't get weepy as we said our goodbyes at the end of the evening. Not everyone would be taking the shuttle in the morning to the airport. It was a great night, and I already miss everyone.



Me, Mr. Boushey, Maya, and Danielle at Amante

No comments:

Post a Comment