Yes, that's right. Only one. Except it wasn't that high.
Today was supposed to revolve solely around high falls, and I was very excited to start doing them. When I woke up, however, that old, familiar feeling in my shoulder/spine was back. Discomfort, and just enough of it so it mildly interferes with my day when I try to move too quickly. I did one simple sit fall at the very start of the class, and realized the moment I landed that I would not physically be capable of doing any more falls for the rest of the day. I didn't land wrong, and (not that it's actually a factor) it wasn't high up at all. We were going into a foam pad for that one, which was stiffer than the big air bag, which might have been my first mistake. Fighting through the frustration of knowing I had to sit out, I wanted to at least be an active participant. I know the limits of my own body, but it is still very hard for me to admit to anyone, much less myself, that I am incapable of completing a task or participating in something. To keep myself feeling useful, I decided to be a safety for everyone throughout the whole day, and help make sure no one got injured. That wasn't so bad, but I'm still pretty disappointed, especially since we have the opportunity to do more this weekend, but I know I won't be 100% by then. So, yes. I'll be a safety for those, too. Still, it was a valuable experience to help out on the sidelines, and I'd gladly do it again. Though next time, I hope it's entirely by choice, and not out of necessity.
No comments:
Post a Comment