Friday, August 13, 2010

Day 11: Last fight, and James Bond



Our last filmed fight was our found weapons scene. I used a dog toy, which I promptly named Jebediah Foxley, III, as it was a squeaky toy shaped like a fox. It was a personal best as far as my fights go, but I still threw a pretty lame kidney punch near the start of it. At one point, I'm supposed to get pushed over the couch that was in the middle of the scene and then do a backwards role onto the floor, but when it came time to perform I went straight over the couch and landed on the floor on my neck. For that reason, for the sake of my parents, I'm not posting the video on here. Although it looked worse than it was. And thanks to the kindness of my peers, I've had enough massage and tiger balm to make my neck feel much looser than I thought it would. So don't fret, dear family!

That afternoon, we discovered what "James Bond" day meant. Since it was kept secret from us, I don't want to tell the world via this blog all about it. However, I can say it was a lot of fun and, essentially, playtime. We went through that segment in groups, and while we patiently awaited our turn, we watched behind the scenes stunt footage from various shows and films, and tested our fire burn clothes. We had to make sure they are indeed all natural fibers. Mine checked out, so I don't have to worry about getting anything different.

After class, a few of us were determined to go out and do something 1. Without going to downtown Seattle and 2. Without spending much money. One of the other girls and I rounded up a small posse of interested individuals and we headed to a dive bar close to the hotel called Harvies. There were darts, pool tables, a jukebox.... the works. It was a lot of fun, but I was tired and headed back with a few others before it was even midnight. Full day off on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment