Wire work! Yay!
First of all, I could take part in this all day without hurting my back, which was back to being stiff again this morning. The combination of having narrow shoulders as well as a bit of a dance background definitely helped make me look more graceful up there. And.... get ready to be surprised.... it was SO MUCH FUN.
But really, it is actually one more thing that felt fairly natural. I really wish I was able to stay for the intensive master class next week. There's always next year....
All of that fancy work you see in fight scenes of The Matrix and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon were done with wires. We jumped straight up, forward, and back, and we did front and back flips all over the place. Definitely felt like a super hero.
We also pulled the rope to make the stunt happen, and make our fellow performers look good. Hard work at times, when we had to raise and lower them quickly, but our group was awesome and we all worked together quite well.
I don't have the videos quite yet, but I'll post them when I do!
Also, we went out to dinner at a local Greek restaurant for one of the girl's birthday. A large number of us went, and it was a very fun time, though kind of bittersweet. We're already starting to miss each other, with only a few days of classes left. But it was a blast!
No comments:
Post a Comment